- Shipping & Policies
Shipping & Policies
Shipping / Postage
Postage: I'll try and ship within 2 business days after payment clears for all in-stock orders.
When you place an order, I will ship it as soon as possible. Due to other commitments I now have, not all orders will be packed and posted same day. If its' urgent please send me a message and I'll do my best for you. :-) Please understand that once your order is posted, delivery times are out of my control and may be longer than usual in peak times, especially around Christmas.
- We offer untracked envelopes for small, flat orders under 450gms. Everything else must be sent as parcel.
- Australia post (Regular Parcels) now include tracking, but are NOT registered NOR do they include signatures.
- Express Post - sent via Australia Post - processed same day or next day so your order gets to you as quick as it can.
- Also now availalbe is 'PRIORITY' for tough bags. It is meant to be 2 days quicker than normal mail and will be an option at check out for you. It is only 50c extra.
- Yes, we post internationally! All orders are shipped using Australia Post. Charges are based on weight and designation and will be calculated at checkout. International shipping rates do not include customs or duty charges. And customs, duties or taxes are your responsibility as the customer. Any delay due to customs and/or duties is out of our control. Please allow 7-18 days to receive your order.
- Sometimes items get lost in the post or miss-delivered - we will do our best to work with you and the shipper if this occurs.
- Approximate shipping costs:
- 0.5m to 1.5m for cotton from $2.50 or 0.5m for knit $3.50 - untracked envelope
- 2m+ fixed rate of $9.95 for tracked parcel post
- 2m+ fixed rate of $15.50 for express post
Pre-Orders and Combined shipping:
Fabric may be available to purchase on pre-order, there will be an estimated arrival date - but that may change. IF YOU ORDER IN-STOCK FABRIC WITH A PREORDER/BACKORDERED FABRIC, your order will NOT be shipped until all the fabric is in-stock. Please place two separate orders if you wish in-stock items to be sent immediately.
We'll pay the return shipping costs if the return is a result of my error (you received an incorrect or defective item, etc.). Returns must be sent by trackable post.
If you need to return an item, please contact us or login to your account, view the order using the "Complete Orders" link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. We'll notify you via e-mail of your refund once we've received and processed the returned item.
Layby is now available on all orders. To layby an order please select the "layby" payment option. There is no minimum order. Payments are 33.3% over 3 fortnights for orders under $200, and 25% over 4 fortnights for orders over $200. However, you can pay larger amounts, quicker if you wish. The first payment must be made within 72hrs. Payment to be made via Bank Deposit or Paypal. Your first payment/deposit is non refundable. Fabrics WILL NOT be cut until deposit/first payment has been made. Very overdue/non payers will loose any money paid, order will be cancelled and goods returned to stock.
Extended Layby/Delayed Payments:
Extended Layby is for pre-order or pre-buy collections that are more than 3 months away. Select "Layby" payment option and then write "delayed payments" in the checkout notes section. A 25% deposit is still required within 72hrs.
It is recommended that you pre-wash all natural fabrics before using in your projects. A small amount of shrinkage may occur and dyes may run. Separate colours and wash at 40 degrees Celsius, rinse until no dye is in the water. A commercial product such as "Colour Catchers" may be useful.
MinkyBear and Me Fabrics is committed to protecting your privacy and keeping your personal information secure.
When you use our website, you agree to us collecting and using personal information. We will never release information about our customers to any other person or organisation for marketing purposes.
This website is PCI compliant, and is protected by hacker deterrent security provisioning, three redundant network architectures and hardware firewalls, so you know your data is secure.